LGBT Couples Therapy
We Offer Hope
We often feel hopeless in our relationships, especially after trying so hard to achieve relational repair. After feeling like we’ve spun our tires in the mud for months on end, we wonder if we’ll ever remember what it’s like to be passionate in our love life.
Our History of Success With LGBT Couples Counseling
The therapists at iAmClinic have worked with hundreds of LGBT couples since our doors first opened. We’ve done gay couples therapy for those that need a simple tune up and as well as lesbian couples counselling for individuals who have got caught up in the data. By the data we mean who said what, who did what, and who was at fault. Many couples get stuck keeping tally while the resentment accumulates like a snowball rolling down a massive hill.
- Protect the LGBT relationship from resentment
- Learning how to balance healthy independence and healthy dependence
- Develop communication skills, such as empathy and listening
- Dealing with the dichotomy between societal / environmental ideas of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender relationships and your true own.
- Deconstruct and transition out of repeating arguments
- Tools to keep future arguments with your partner compassionate
- Learn how to quickly return to attachment repair when arguments arise
- Tools for providing unconditional love for your partner’s authentic self
- Understanding the relation patterns that aren’t working for LGBT couples
- Offering insight into universal emotional desires that need to be addressed not only in gay couple therapy, but in all couples therapy
Don’t see what you are looking for? Contact us to see how we can find your solution.
Meeting the specific needs that you may have, individual sessions are tailored to fully address your challenges with caution, care, and detailed consideration. Working with your primary therapist, you’ll be able to understand the anatomy of your discomfort, what it takes to deconstruct it, and how to build happiness and peace.
Many couples get stuck in the web they created either unintentionally or subconsciously. Your couple’s therapist will be able to determine how the web was made and how to tear it down. We’ll help you communicate efficiently, honoring one another’s version of the truth, and create patterns for staying connected for the long haul.
Parents feel disrespected and frustrated while their children feel trapped and invisible. Although the ongoing power struggle keeps families hopeless, your family therapist will work to dismantle the entrenched dynamics that keep you arguing. It is our goal to ensure you know how to create connectedness, even in the most challenging circumstances.
In person therapy is one of the fastest and most effective way to experience progress towards your goals. Sitting with a therapist in a traditional setting allows for increased non-verbal communication, and can feel like a break from daily or weekly routines. If you are interested in the support and connection that in-person counseling facilitates, we would love to hear from you.
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is a therapeutic approach that can be highly effective in treating anxiety, addictions, trauma, phobias, and ineffective relational patterns.
“It changed my life!I used to have daily anxiety, but since EMDR it’s been less intense and I feel like it’s under control.” – Isaac
Located outside the Denver Metro area but still interested in connecting with us for services? We believe physical location should never be a barrier to getting the support you need, so we offer online sessions to keep you moving towards your goals. Contact us today to explore if online counseling with iAmClinic could be a good fit for you.
© iAmClinic - LGBTQ Therapy, LLC 2020